12 weeks before you move, have you...
- Chosen your mover and signed the customer agreement form?
- Sorted through basement, loft and garage?
- Resolved what to do with prohibited items?
- Made proper provision for pets?
- Decided whether or not you are taking your car?
10 weeks before your move, have you...
- Disposed of the things you donít want to take?
8 weeks before you move, have you...
- Started to prepare your mailing list of people who need your change of address?
- Notified banks, savings accounts, credit card companies, magazine subscriptions, hire purchase and rental companies?
- Started to round up passports, birth/marriage certificates and other family documentation?
- Applied for any necessary visas?
- Checked that electrical goods will work in your new home?
6 weeks before you move, have you...
- Separated favorites toys?
- Made sure your petís vaccinations are up to date?
- Arranged for mail to be forwarded?
- Decided whether or not to buy any new household goods - check tax refunds?
4 weeks before you move, have you...
- Decided which clothes travel with you?
- Started to dismantle climbing frames/garden furniture?
- Agreed an insurance value and terms with your mover?
- Made arrangements of connection of services at your new home?
- Returning library books?
- Cancelled milk, newspapers, subscriptions?
- Found new homes for your plants?
7 days before your move, have you ...
- Defrosted the refrigerator/freezer?
- Planned simple meals for moving day to avoid using appliances?
- Separated luggage items you need for personal travel?
- Cleaned garden tools, bicycles and any other gardening equipment?
- Emptied the tanks of powered tools such as mowers?
- Checked if you have enough medication for at least two weeks, and ensure you have copies of any necessary prescriptions for use at destination?
- Collected travelers checks or local currency?
- Arranged for someone to look after the children on moving day?